Friday, April 13, 2012

Catching up

Seems I've been pretty negligent on keeping up here, so here is what's been happening.

Adam has been mostly doing well in school, with fewer and less severe meltdowns than previously. Not that he doesn't still have some doozies, but I feel like his school placement has been pretty successful for the past couple of years. He is so incredibly smart and imaginative, the conversations we have leave me either scratching my head or laughing my head off. As is typical with boys his age and/or kids with autism, he finds things to be obsessed with. He seems to be moving away from Transformers and into Skylanders, a game that is played on our wii system. That's partly my fault, as I've always been fond of Spyro, the little purple dragon, and enjoy playing it myself, so I've been buying the characters and printed out the walkthrough (cheats) for him. We have been home this week on spring break, and have spent most of it just hanging out and relaxing. He's not too fond of the bugs outside, and the pollen has made me feel terrible, so we haven't ventured out much. He did take a trip from our home in TN to MI with Mack, the man I am dating, who is a truck driver. I think he enjoyed it, but he was anxious to get back home to his game.

No comments:

Post a Comment